Now that we're in the home stretch of buying our first house (the bank accepted our offer, the home inspection came back ok, now we have to wait for the VA to send out an appraiser), I decided to pick up some work that's been sitting (or leaning, rather) against my art table for the past year and a half while I wrapped up my thesis.
This blog post is dedicated to a couple progress images of the couple of projects that I'm working on. Since I have such a hard time dedicating 100% of my time to one project. I'll find something that frustrates me, and have to move on to another project.
I think there is a good side to working like this. It keeps me interested through the times that I want to just sit and stare out the window, and it gives me a chance to work on different techniques at the same time.
On to what I'm working on!
|I'm recreating a piece I did for a class that was in gouache and ink. But since I think she mirrors my pin ups, I figured I'd give her a chance digitally. I still have a lot of anatomy fixes to make before I finalize.|
This is a crappy cell phone image of a paper doll that I've been working on since last summer. At this point, I'm playing with colors and layout. As soon as I've figured out how it will be finalized, I'll scan and shrink this doll to about 8x10 and put it in my shop. I think it's going to be a fun little piece.