Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Project Ideas


As if I didn't have enough on my plate.... I've decided to take on a project that has guaranteed to keep me busy... Maybe I'll be able to learn to keep myself on a schedule. Because goodness knows, I can't do that. AT ALL.

I'm a music lover. Who isn't, right?

But I especially like music that is filled with imaginative lyrics and storytelling. Ie.. Robert Johnson, Tom Waits...etc.

I'm going to do a 365 project of song lyric illustrations. It can't hurt, but help me jog my waning imagination. An illustration a day? Is that possible? Can I give myself an hour to just devote to one drawing. Along with all my other projects going on? Sure.

I'll add that to the fusion project my good friends Alan and Eric are doing with me. I like keeping busy.

This is my illustration for the They Might Be Giants song Birdhouse in Your Soul

It was fun, and took me out of my usual "style" of drawing.

So here I go!

2 comments:

  1. How is your drawing a day going? Are you enjoying it? Seems that kind of regularity will develop your wonderful talent even more. Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just gathered my list of songs, so I'm ready to begin. I've put it off far too long. I can't wait to start!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete